Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Pity Party . . . With a Happy Ending!

So, I warned you that I would have a pity party soon. My house has been a complete disaster since this weekend. I have been tired and rundown. Social gatherings and such are quite enjoyable for me, but I am always drained at the end. MyLove tells me it's because I'm an introvert. Anyway, the kitchen had dishes everywhere, the floors were strewn with toys, clothes, papers, toys, pencils, just about anything else you can think of, our bathroom was gross, our bedroom needed to be made . . . I can go on.

Well, praise the Lord, I got a burst of energy and started with our bathroom. I thought to myself, "I'll start here and blitz the rest of the house." Well, after I got started, I kept going and going and before I knew it, I had to pick up Martini from school (our bathroom was filthy). I walked through the rest of the disaster zone known as our home completely discouraged. We picked up Martini and came home, then I laid down with Carmelita and fell asleep while the boys played upstairs.

Suddenly, the doorbell. I hear the boys make their way to the door. It must be their friend wanting to play. I have to tell him, "no." I can't bear him seeing our place like this. What more? He might happen to mention it to his parents!

I run to the door and who is it? It's my dear mother!!!!! I love her! I miss her! I need her! Not only is she here, but she comes bearing pizza and cinnamon rolls! "I don't want you to cook tonight, anakong!" (Filipino term of endearment)Can you believe what an angel she is?!?! If you know her, then you can believe this. I was ashamed that my mom saw my house in such a wreck, but was so happy to see her. Of course, she immediately takes the kids outside for a walk to the park. I had a whole hour or so of uninterrupted time to myself and I was able to get the house in good order. I didn't have to cook and got more done than I would have all day without her!

I love you, Mom!!! I am so grateful.

No comments: