Friday, March 27, 2009

Martini Reads!

This school year has been quite wonderful with all the things Martini has been learning at school, but most of all, it’s been a lot of fun discovering the wonders of reading with him. He loves to read signs while we are driving, books, and any word he happens to see while we are out and about. It’s such a neat thing to see your little one discover reading and all the things out there to read. I remember this realization when I was learning to read. I started reading the store signs and different posters on the windows. It was like a whole new world to me. I don’t enjoy reading like I wish I did. But, I sure do hope that Martini loves it more and more as he grows up. I think it is an admirable trait.

Well, some grateful recipients of Martini’s new skill are his siblings. Here is Martini reading to Ethan and Carmelita this morning. I was in the kitchen and found them all sitting down to a great book and laughing at the pictures and story. I was so proud of this moment. I hope that there are many more to come!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. :DD

- Steven