Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Special Times

We have been having such special times of late and I praise my Maker for giving them to me.

Last week on April 18th, Giselle took her first steps to Daddy! It was so precious. Her daddy is truly her BFF :-). As soon as Daddy comes home, she is off like a determined tiger in hot pursuit crawling as fast as she can to get to him. Daddy hugs her tight but she is ready for some major walking around the house. He so patiently holds her hands (as he did with all the kids) and lets her lead him all around, up and down the stairs, on chairs and tables, across the couch and so on. She has a blast. Poor thing, she knows that Mommy does not oblige much in this area. 1.) I am lazy, 2.) it hurts my back to bend down, 3.) I am lazy.



Ethan and Daddy have been enjoying playing checkers and chess. Here is Daddy playing with Ethan while Giselle feeds Daddy some Mini-Wheats cereal.



We recently took a trip to Austin with fellow K12 virtual schoolers to visit the capital and talk to our state representatives about virtual schooling and raise awareness. Martini went with MyLove and had a private meeting with Rep. Randy Weber! I will post something later with pics.



Just this last weekend I was soooo blessed to attend our Pillars of the Word (POW) Women's retreat. How blessed and encouraged, and humbled I am. The theme: "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!" Amen!

Today, while I was cleaning up after dinner, Carmelita asked me a question while singing in her own eclectic way. Well, I joined in and tried singing back an answer. Her reply, "No, Mommy. You can't sing. Only I can sing because I sing well." MyLove happened to walk Giselle by right at that moment. "Oh! Sorry!" We both say. She cracks us up, that feisty girl! She has no shortage of confidence.

No comments: