Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gisellerina's 1st Bday




Gisellerina? How did we come up with that name?

Well, when you were a wee infant, I would sing to you while I changed your diaper. One day I made up this little ringer:

Gisellerina . . .
My ballerina.
Gisellerina . . .
My ballerina.
Gisellerina . . .
My ballerina.
I love you so.
I love you so.
I love you sooooooooo!

It was so cute because the kids got used to it and started singing it with me. Anyway, that is how your nickname came to be.



Giselle, what a gift you are from the Lord. We praise Jesus for His goodness. You are already ONE YEAR OLD!!! Time has just flown by. I cherish you.


I love your eyebrows and how expressive they are. Ever since you were born, your eyebrows have had something to say!



You look so serious sometimes but will quickly smile the moment you are smiled at.

You are healthy, sweet, cuddly, cheerful, loud :-), fun, funny, loving, observant, and just wonderful.

You are so very easy to take care of. You are not a fussy baby. You are content and easy-going.

You loooove to play with your brothers and sister. You are very loved by your siblings. They pick you up, read to you, sing to you, dance with/for you, talk to you a lot, feed you, and Carmelita even tried changing your diaper upstairs the other day without me! But, you wouldn't stay still long enough for her to take off your pants! You siblings stay right behind you while you head up the stairs. They pull your high chair close so you won't feel alone while they eat at the table. They love to hug and kiss you.

Your mornings are your best time of the day.

You love to eat: bananas, scrambled eggs, rice, pizza crust, strawberries, chicken adobo, and of course baba's. And we recently discovered you love ice cream!

You still love to be wrapped.

We celebrated your birthday on Saturday. It was great. We had lots, and lots of food: briskette, baked beans (Thank you Mom!!!),baked dill potatoes, sauteed veggies, sauteed mushrooms, pasta salad, fruit salad, angeled eggs (OK, deviled eggs, but anyway. Thank you, Dad for making them!!!!), bread, corn bread, crescent rolls (Thank you Uncle Daniel!), chicken adobo, coconut chicken chowder, rice, chips and queso, brownies, rice krispie treats, cupcakes, and ice cream.

You had so many family and friends around you. You are loved!

Here you are about to be sung "Happy Birthday" to.


Hmmm? What is that?


About to touch the flame!!!


Cousin Josiah being so loving.

With Sister.


With Grandpa.


With Mema. That's cake on her face from you sharing with her!


Here you are with Daddy as he sings to you on the karaoke.

No comments: