Friday, May 29, 2009

Yucky Biscuits!

O.K. I just baked one of my favorite recipes this morning and hated it.

Sour Cream Biscuits. They are so yummy and dense and yet light. I bake half of them normally and the other half with cinnamon and sugar. Well, I pulled them out fo the oven and they were so dark. They hadn't risen and when Carmelita and I tried them, we spit them out because they tasted bitter and maybe rancid.

I did my investigating and found that I had used three teaspoons of baking SODA instead of baking POWDER! Oh, that stinks!!! All those ingredients gone to waste and then there's the wasted effort. You know, taking out all the ingredients, mixing, rolling, cutting out with a biscuit cutter, cleaning up. Oh, man?!?!

Well, on to the compost pile these yucky things go. Maybe the birds will enjoy them.

No comments: