Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Mother's Journey

Carmelita has been particularly sweet lately. She's been saying "thank you" very easily and readily and she's been beautifully cuddly with me. I just love it when she wants me to just sit and hold her, or she puts her head on my shoulder/chest while I carry her. This being said, she has also been disciplined A LOT lately as well. For what? Hitting her brothers, biting her brother, hitting Mommy, melt-downs at Target, WalMart, or HEB, blatantly not listening to instruction or doing the complete opposite from what she's been told.

Discipline is such a weary process. For it to be truly effective, you have to be consistant, and that takes perseverence, which takes energy! Then I second guess myself and wonder if I am being an over-bearing, micro-managing, crazy-controlling mother who will only be resented by her little ones for the rest of their lives.

This is where my knight in shining armor steps in . . .

I share my discouragement with my hubby and he prays for me, encourages me with the sweetest words, and encourages me in the Lord. He praises me for my efforts and tells me that I am doing the right thing.

. . . all of the sudden, all is well again and I trek on.

No comments: