Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Mama and My Sista

This past Monday, my fantastic mama and my wonderful sister and I went out to celebrate my Mom for her Mother's Day. Because of various conflicts of schedules and me needing MyLove home to watch our little babes, we celebrated three weeks late.

Well, it was a splendid time we had. Just splendid. I praise the Lord for the women in my life. Oh, how I love and appreciate them.



My mom, well, she is just the perfect specimen of a mother.
She is:
so loving,
a faithful prayer warrior,
a devout follower of Jesus,
selfless beyond measure,
generous to a fault,
energetic,
dedicated,
tiny,
outgoing,
a grandmother of 14!!!,
oh, so friendly (so that she has never met a stranger),
outspoken with her motto, "Love Conquers All!!!!"
and just downright awesome.

My sister, well, she is just a wonderful sister.
She is:
protective,
giving,
a social butterfly,
a follower of Jesus,
beautiful,
a faithful friend,
a mother of nine,
a grandmother of 2!!!,
caring,
and so special to me.

My sister is also moving to Guam :-( She has just sold their house. Her hubby is already in Guam because of his job. I have been so emotional about it all. Every weekend, we have tried to have at least one nephew/niece spend the weekend with us so that we can have quality one-on-one time with them. I end up falling apart each time and MyLove has to hear me sob and express my feelings.

Anyway!

This celebration was full of fun, laughter, tears, laughter, coffee, great food, fun, and laughter.

We started off with a quick stop to Starbucks. We got fueled up on that coffee been nectar then my sister took us to Harwin to do some serious purse shopping. We were hooked up with some great deals and an interesting ordeal with me finding a little wristlet with money in it and going back to the original shop (long story) to return it to the owner only to have her approach us telling us she was called and informed that I had purchased a purse with her money in it and me trying to tell her that I knew and I was going to give it to her and her saying she believed me and me not really knowing if she believed me . . .

Did that make sense?

Probably not.

I'm such a nerd.

Later, we went to another store and I called MyLove with all the details and his preciousness prayed with me over the phone and Oh, the peace that comes from the Lord, and Oh, the preciousness of my best friend, who is my husband, who is always there for me. He is truly my soul mate. I know I say that a lot. But, it's the truth.

One good thing about the above interaction at the purse shop is I got to try my best to tell a gentleman about Jesus in Spanish. Boy, does my Spanish need a lot of work. But, the man showed he understood and I tried my best to understand him. He said he knew Jesus. But, you know? A lot of people say they know Jesus. The question is, are you following him?

Anyway, we went to PF Chang's for dinner and just laughed so much and took pictures and made sillies of ourselves. We even found out our waiter had Chamorro blood! (His grandmother was from Guam!!!)

Then we drove home and my little babes were so happy to greet me. I modeled my new purses and sunglasses to the family who ooh'd and aah'd and made me feel like the most special mommy in the world. M even told me that I looked like a secret agent which had to be one of the best compliments ever . . . given my lifetime desire to be in the CIA (pre-kids of course, but I still like to act like I could actually be some kind of secret agent. It's now a running joke to my family.)

I had bought a purse for C and I so wish I had a camera when she saw it. She had pulled my things out of the shopping bag and I told her to wait when she got to hers because I was still telling MyLove of our adventure. Then, I handed her her purse and her reaction was just priceless. She hugged it to her chest, closed her eyes and just squealed. She was so excited and couldn't put it down.

Here she is the next morning. She kept asking me to take a picture of her wearing it.


MyLove had to get to bed quickly so the girls and I went to the living room and hung out on a sleeping bag just 'til MyLove went to sleep. As we sat there, G walked around me in circles and kissed me over and over again. The bliss of this is so hard to put in words. She is only 16 months and having her initiate kisses just melted my heart. She really missed me, poor thing. What a terrific end to a most precious day with my mom and sister celebrating my mom's Mother's Day.

Dear, Jesus. Why have you blessed me so much? You are so good to me and I am so undeserving. Not only did You die for me, but You continue to shower me with your blessings and Your goodness. I pray that my life will just shine for you!!!

No comments: