Saturday, June 25, 2011

A poopie day . . . with a great ending!

Today, the plan was for productivity, joy, excitement, unity, bonding . . . We had to run some errands and then we would get to meet a brand new human being who was born into this world just yesterday. Our really good friends just had their second child, a son.

What beautiful prospects.

Well, it didn't turn out that way. . . totally.

Woke up . . . late.

Dishes still in the sink. Behind already. Get them done.

Get the kids up . . . running around to get ready for the million and one errands to run. Why am I running around like a crazy woman?! This can't be that hard.

Package two large envelopes: one with a gift needing to be sent a week or two ago, the other to return fabric the seller incorrectly sent me (despite the fact that I ordered exactly what she listed: grrrr)

Make kids eggs. They're still hungry! What sweet thing can they all have, they ask. Bagels! We are going to Panera Bread! Please be patient!

Running late, running late.

Stop by neighbor's house unannounced to drop off some clothing . . . she's not there.

Go back home to drop off clothing so as not to tear, mangle, ruin them during the busy day.

Stop by other neighbor's house unannounced to drop off a gift meant for her Christmas 2010. How rediculous am I?!?! . . . she's not there either. Leave it under her doormat.

Talk to a different neighbor who's salvation I am praying for.

She praises my "well behaved" kids. I tell her I can't take credit. Psh, she says. Sure you can. No, I say. It's the Lord. I couldn't do it without Him nor would I know what in the world I was doing without Him.

She asks if I "hit" them at one point. I tell her, "yes, I spank them." She is shocked. She would never think I would "hit" my kids. We talk a bit more and I tell her how MyLove and I both believe in spanking and talking with our children. Telling them we love them. Also, we as individuals of our family are all ambassadors of not only ourselves but of the Ford family (and ultimately God, but I didn't share that this time) and it is their responsibility to uphold our name and we expect them to bring honor to us (and the Lord). It's a heavy burden, but they need to know we expect it at an early age. She notes that we have such good debates and we could go on but leaves me with a question for my hubby: Isn't it a confusing message to hit and tell the kids we love them? No, I say, because they know there are consequences to bad behavior and we care for them and want them to make good choices. There has to be swift and understandable repercussions for wrong behavior, especially violent/hurtful behavior. We are protecting them and we care about the decisions they make and will make. There is security in that.

We leave on a good note and look forward to more discussions. She says bye and the kids are, like always, quite shy and say few words, just as they did when they said hi. All of the sudden I am quite self-conscious thinking she is probably thinking that they are not open and lively and are quiet because they are fearful because I beat them . . .

Stop by post office. C almost has meltdown because she is upset that her outfit is making her hot. I wish my neighbor could see that my kids are quite normal and misbehave too.

Go to Shipley Do-Nuts for friends who just had their second child.

Stop by Target. E throws a fit because he can't have a do-nut right then. Almost falls to the floor in utter frustration numerous times. My cart is ridiculous and loud and all attention is on this crazy woman walking so fast with a melting-down son hanging onto a scraping-loud cart.

Pick out few items. Kids talk about original plan for only one item. I tell them that's enough and to not complain.

Get back in van. Kids ask for do-nuts again and I make them wait 'til after Panera Bread.

Arrive at Panera Bread. Unload. Attended by not so nice girl behind counter who is quite miffed that I am ordering so many bagels and ask her questions like, "Do you have cinnamon crunch bagels?" "Can you toast those?" "Do you have jalepeno cheese bagels." I order some pastries as well. She gives my whole order in a paper sack with no handles even though I am holding a little one, have a large order and this bag is cumbersome.

Get MyLove's sandwich, go back to the original counter and a sweet ray of sunshine of a girl kindly responds to my request for a large bag and helps me put everything in. God, please bless her for her act of kindness. As for that other girl . . . well, nevermind.

Load back in van. Pass out bagels and do-nuts to kids. C is quite sassy with me still. Give her the yummy treats anyway and tell her I am not proud of the way she has behaved and she tells me that she is going to tell my mommy on me (something she has been saying the last three days to my amusement, but at this moment was quite too sassy. The boys pipe in and say that Mema would not agree with her anyway and say that she is not being a good girl).

Drive swiftly to Med Ctr. to pick up MyLove.

Stop by Smoothie King to get our friends some liquid energy. It takes f o r e v e r .

Arrive at the hospital 2.5 hours later than originally planned.

Our friends are tired, but so happy with the treats. Baby boy is just precious. MyLove and I take turns holding him. What joy!!! What salve for the heart and soul babies are. Oh, I just give glory to the Lord for these special gifts called children . . .

Our E and C fight almost the whole time about what chair they want to sit in. Not enough room. Someone's touching the other. One rocking in the loud glider. G wanting me to hold her. Touching the ground. Needing to go potty. Trying to hear the birth story. The kids arguing louder. C kicking her brother and in complete defiance of any instruction I give her.

I end up giving her two spankings in the bathroom . . .

We all leave.

Go to MyLove's office . . .

Kids spinning in chairs and running around cubicles as I try to talk to MyLove's boss's boss about her daughter and son and painful, gut-wrenching decisions she is having to make with them.

Go to HEB to pick up some veggies and pizza for night with Uncle Daniel. Just shy of $3 off gas coupon.

Come out to waiting hubby and kids and find a $3 off coupon floating by on the ground! Thank You, Lord.

Get gas.

Come home.

Uncle beat us. We are late again.

MyLove and I have small tiff because I am emotional and again, ridiculous, and got my feelings hurt.

We talk, kiss, laugh. Everything is fine.

Eat.

Put G in our bathtub without water to play while I rinse off my feet in shower (I'm anal about feet). I am right next to her with only glass between us. What could happen?

Get out and find that she had POOPED in the tub and was playing with it. Wait! She already pooped today! What's happening?!?! It is all over her body and hair and on the toys and she was at that moment poking her finger in and out of it. How quickly havoc can be wreaked! I grab her hand before she can put it in her mouth. Let go of her hand to grab some toilet paper! She sticks her hand in her mouth. I grab it. Do I hold her? Take her out? I tell C to get me some toilet paper. I wipe G's hands and grab a whole lot of toilet paper and scoop/wipe up as much I can and wash out the tub and toys and as much of G. Fill tub with clean water and tons of lavender bath soap. Bathe girls. Get them to bed.

Have the best fellowship with Uncle Daniel. We skip the movie and talk about the goodness of the Lord. Freedom in Christ. The simplicity of just knowing Jesus. The pureness of stripping away unnecessary doctrine. Our need of Him. The answer to all of our needs being to turn to Him. Always. Forever. He just wants us to come to Him. That is the beginning of understanding and the foundation of the Christian life.

Hallelujah. We give glory to Jesus.

Well. I told you it was a poopie day! Literally! But, the Lord showed His mercy and grace throughout. I asked MyLove at one point in the van together for prayer. I needed peace in my heart. I was so anxious and on edge. Of course he did, and it encouraged me, but I know what the Lord wanted was for me to go to Him with every anxiety.

I just love Jesus so much. There are so many verses I should quote right now and reference, like: be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication make your requests known . . . pray without ceasing . . . it is for freedom that Christ has set us free . . .

but I am tired and lazy . . . I know that that's so pathetic.

Anyway. Goodnight. I'm desperate for sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was a mouthful, honey. I'm amazed how well you expressed all that. You are the best wife and I'm so proud of you for handling all these situations so gracefully-- even though you would argue that you didn't. I love you.
--your hubby