Saturday, April 16, 2011

Our Tradition of the Shaved Head

So, the tradition continues.

Giselle is a couple months past one year old and we shaved her head!

Why?
1.) It is an old Filipino tradition that my Mom did with us.
2.) It allows for the hair to be all one length
3.) Because of the same length and blunt edges, the hair looks and feels thicker.
4.) When the babes are this young, it doesn't matter what the length of their hair is!!!

Giselle was the best little subject ever. I had given the boys their haircuts then decided that I would do hers. I have been putting it off because every night we thought about it, it was either too late or we had company or whatever.

Ethan filmed and Carmelita helped entertain. Martini was showering off after his own haircut. I was sad MyLove couldn't be there, but he agreed that I needed to do it soon. Each of our children had this done. Poor Carmelita, after everyone else got their haircut, she was begging me to cut her hair. I tried telling her that I did this to her when she turned one, but that didn't seem to suffice :-(

Here is her before. I love her hair, but I know in the long run it will help.



Here is our precious little "emperor baby" now!



No comments: