I hesitate. "But, it's so expensive."
"Honey, it fits. It looks great. We're going to buy it."
"Maybe I can find something like it on sale."
"Babe, time IS money."
I scoff at the silly thought. I give him a look conveying the clicheness of such a phrase.
"You are going to waste more time looking for something that won't fit and then probably buy something you don't like anyway. That would be a waste of money. You need a [skirt] and you like this one. We're going to get it"
This is a a conversation MyLove and I had very early in our marriage. And, we have had it various times since.
As I have aged . . . ahem . . . I can absolutely see the truth in this statement.
The commodity of time is sooooo valuable to me. Time is not only money, it is more than money. It has to do with freedom.
The Lord has blessed me with a heart that loves to give. I believe I got it from the Lord, but my Mom REALLY encouraged it growing up. So, giving has never really been a challenge.
Now, time on the other hand is different. Giving away my time takes real effort and is usually a sacrifice. I love my time, my freedom, the ability to be with my family, in the cave of our home, doing the things our nucleus of a family loves or needs to do is what I love. I have been accused, and rightly so, of being the most non-commital person. It makes for frustrating planning for precious friends and family. Why am I like this?
It is not because I am thinking something better will pop up. Not at all. It's just that I know if I commit that I need to follow through. And . . . I love my freedom and there always seems to be a million things waiting to be done at home. We tend to be hermits by nature, my family and I, so not committing with or investing our time can definitely stifle our relationships outside the home. Relationships take effort. Time. Love. And it is ALWAYS worth it.
But, isn't that how it always is? When the Lord stretches us in the areas we are uncomfortable, He always blesses us more than we think we are blessing others!!!!!!! He is always encouraging and oh, so patient. Thank You, Jesus, for loving us so much!!!
Time. What a valuable, precious, fleeting commodity.
Zoo Time :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment