Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ethan's Sweetness



Ethan is such a sweet soul. He is just precious.

He looooooves his siblings. Martini went to bingo for the first time with Mema the other day, and Ethan was a basket case without his best friend. He moped and cried and said over and over how he missed Martini. One day, Martini was going to get a spanking for being disobedient, and Ethan says, "Mommy, spank me instead." I cried. I hugged him and praised him for his heart. It was a tangible example of what Jesus Christ did for us. Taking our punishment on Himself! MyLove and I were touched immensely.

He lovingly will ask Carmelita to kick the soccer ball with him and include her when playing with toys.

He hugs and kisses and sings to Giselle all the time. He still enjoys holding her and when he sees her in bed, he will climb in right next to her to talk to her and hold her hands.

Ethan can not take music that shows tension or danger. Even if the cartoon has fuzzy bunnies or kids eating cotton candy, if the music changes to something intense sounding, he just can't take it. He closes his eyes, covers his ears and says, "Mommy, I'm scared!" He will run out of the room sometimes too. It is so funny. I have to tell him, "Ethan, it is just a movie/cartoon. Nothing bad is going to happen!"

Thank You, Lord, for entrusting our precious Ethan to us. What a precious soul he is. We have been so very blessed by him. It is such a privilege to be his mommy (and daddy). In Jesus' name, Amen.

Ethan with ranch squirted on his face!


. . . after eating a cupcake . . .


. . . being buried in the sand by Martini and Josiah . . .



. . . telling Carmelita how to spray him with the hose . . .

No comments: