Just now, the boys were arguing about the "rules" of their game, back and forth, back and forth. Carmelita would interject, "Be nice, MartiniEthan. Be niiiiice." They ignored her and after a few more back and forth comments I say, "That is enough, boys!" Carmelita reitterates, "that's enough, MartiniEthan!"
***
The other day. . .
Carmelita is sitting on the counter while I am looking at the computer. The boys are running around in circles through the kitchen, into the foyer, past the couch in the living room and back through the kitchen again. They are having so much fun giggling and chasing when . . .
Snap, snap. Clap clap. A "cluck-cluck" with the tongue. (Snapping is her new talent. It's a faint sound, but she loves to do it.)
Carmelita is trying to get the boys' attention.
"MartiniEthan," She says without pause between the names.
Snap, snap. "MartiniEthan!" The boys continue their game.
Clap, clap. "MartiniEthan!!" She says louder without any response.
"MartiniEthan!!!" She says.
"Boys, Carmelita is trying to tell you something." I say with curiosity.
The boys stop, "yes, Sister?"
"Take a break!"
We all start giggling.
"What do you mean?" I ask her.
"Not playing!"
The boys looked at eachother and me to see what my thoughts were and we all laughed. I told her they could play and she laughed with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment