Ethan has been saying some of the cutest things. Here are a few that I can remember right now:
"Mommy, can I turn on the light?" "Why?" "I'm scared of the darkness."
Spanich - for Spanish
Wooh! I'm fwetty! - for sweaty
Blana- for banana
I'm hungly - for hungry
Me want oatmeal with sugar. - We keep encouraging him to use "I want" instead of "me want."
He has been so precious lately. Today, I enjoyed a long conversation with him where I really listened to his numerous recalls of different scenes in different movies saying, "Do you remember when . . . That was so funny. Do you remember dat?" He kept trying to recall different funny scenes and see me laugh.
I praise the Lord because he keeps giving me these precious moments with each of my little ones and I just find that I love them more everyday. It makes my heart ache. I want to love them with all that I have, but then the next moment I'm getting impatient with them or scolding them. It is a neverending life lesson to be patient and there are endless opportunities for me to see my shortcomings. My encouragement is that I know I can't be the mom I long to be and the Lord knows that, so I go to Him and that is all He wants from me. Surrender. Giving it to Him and "praying without ceasing" as Paul so rationally put it. I will never be the mom I long to be unless I rely on the Creator for wisdom, strength, endurance, patience, fairness and to be honest, sanity! And I have full confidence that the Lord is faithful. The question is: am I faithfully seeking Him?!
2 comments:
Amen Sister!! The Lord is the only hope there is with this wonderful, crazy, frustrating learning experience so innocently called motherhood!
Cristina,
I just LOVE all your posts. I can SO relate to many of them! Love ya!
Post a Comment