Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Gifts

Tonight, Martini took a handkerchief and told MyLove and me that he wanted to wrap a gift for the family. So, he filled up the handkerchief with some items (I still don't know what) and told us that we have to wait until tomorrow to open it up as a family. We told him how sweet it was and praised him for wanting to give gifts to others.

Then, Ethan took out a blanket and said, "I am going to wrap a gift for myself now!" MyLove and I started cracking up.

"You mean you are going to wrap a gift for Martini?"

"No, for myself!"

Later on, Martini asked Daddy to wrap a gift for him. So, MyLove took the blanket and wrapped a couple of toys. Martini unwrapped it and said, "Daddy, this is not a very good gift. Can you wrap another one?" MyLove, the most patient man in the world, wrapped another set of toys.

Martini unwrapped the gift and went through the toys saying, "This is a good one, this one isn't so good, this one is the best one, this one isn't . . . Daddy, can you do it again?"

MyLove then wrapped up Martini's pirate treasure chest, a toy that Martini loves. Martini opened it up, then looked inside the chest and said, "Daddy, you're supposed to put something in the treasure chest!" MyLove and I were laughing so hard now at the craziness in Martini telling us what gifts to give him and his unsatisfactory responses. Believe me, we had a good talk about gifts and gratefulness. But, it was still fun watching the boys enjoy opening "gifts" that they have lying around already!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey, you continue to do such an awesome job with this blogsite! I am so proud of you.

Love, your hubby