Well, on Thursday morning, Carmelita took her first three steps, unassisted. I saw her pull to a stand by her bed and kind of twist her upper torso back and forth like she was dancing. Then, she walked to the laundry basket about three steps away. It was so cute. I cheered with excitement for her, but that scared her, so she dropped to a crawl and scurried into my arms.
Last night she was walking about eleven or more steps at a time and started walking to the armoir and kitchen table and couch. She was loving it.
Yesterday, we went to the Miller Outdoor Theater with a couple of girlfriends and their little kiddies and had a picnic by the hill. The kids were having so much fun running up and down the big hill. Ethan would run to the top of the hill and wave his hands at me making sure I saw him and run down so fast almost falling various times. His round cheeks were so cute just bouncing up and down with his mohawk flapping all over the place. His face was beet red and he would come down with a huge smile and do it all over again, but Martini would not go without me. He is very cautious and takes the stranger thing very seriously. Anyway, I finally went up the hill with him and Ethan and Carmelita.
"Come on, kids, let's go up the hill. I will come with you now, Martini. Let's go!"
"OK, Mommy." Martini says.
"Martini, why don't you try rolling down the hill now like Ethan did?!"
"No, Mommy, I don't want to."
"OK, then. Let's all run down the hill. Ready. Set. Go!"
Ethan takes off and I trot down with Carmelita in my arms and Martin jogs beside me saying,
"What are we doing this for?" he says with his hands up in the air while he jogs.
"What are we doing WHAT for?"
"What are we doing THIS for?"
"Because IT'S FUN!!! Don't you think this is fun?" I ask as loads of field-trippers from tons of schools run and roll down this gigantic hill.
We get to the bottom and he says, "I don't want to do this anymore. I wan't to play my game!" (referring to a new handheld game my mom just got him).
I have realized (as I have had to many times) that my little Martini has his own personality, desires, and strengths. MyLove and I love playing sports and outdoor activities and we have hoped and encouraged our little babes to love the same things, but Martini is perfectly content with his Legos, Star Wars figurines, drawings, and games.
I told him, "Martini, I think that you will be a computer programmer one day, like Daddy."
And he smiled a big smile and played his game.
Thank You, Lord, for giving me such a sweet, funny Martini as my son. You have given him special strengths and desires and I pray that they will be used for Your glory! And I thank you for Ethan, who is fun-loving and vibrant and active. May his energy be used to honor you in all he does. And I thank You for my sweet princess, Carmelita, whose personality comes out a little more each day. Who loves people and loves to dance and loves to laugh. May she grow to be a beautiful woman of God who displays Godly wisdom in life. Thank You, Lord, for giving us such special children. In Jesus' name I pray this. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment