Friday, January 4, 2008

Baby Boys vs. Baby Girls

I was talking to a good friend of mine today, Cassie Haney (her blog is listed to the left;-) and she asked me if Carmelita was different from the boys when they were babies. I answered, "definitely!" I have been asked this before but decided that I would share some ways in which they are different with you!

1.) First off, the pregnancies were different. I had less acne with Carmelita and I gained less: 40 lbs. vs. 50 lbs. (Ethan) and about 60 lbs. (Martini). No, I am not a graceful gainer!
2.) Carmelita nurses much more gently than the boys did.
3.) She cries in a more girlie way. Her cry isn't as strong, although I know that can change!
4.) She does "girlie" things with her hands. See Photo!




If you look at her left hand, you can see her fingers daintily open, not touching the blanket or the couch. She does this all the time. I don't remember the boys ever doing this. She loves to play with her fingers and hold her hands together.

5.) A common milestone with babies is they discover their hands and do this little rolling of the fists that looks like a boxer hitting the speed bag. The boys did this but Carmelita never did.

6.) I don't think this has to do anything with being a boy or a girl, but the boys rolled over fine. Carmelita still does not know how to roll over! She is crawling and almost cruising, but still can not roll over! It is so funny to watch her fall on her back and cry because she is stuck like a turtle. The only way she knows to get up is a sit up: if her legs are held down, she will sit straight up.
Anyway, that is all I can think of for now. Here are some other recent photos.


Martini, Carmelita, and Ethan in front of the Christmas tree. This was the best photo out of about 20 or 30! That is orange popsicle around their mouths. I didn't notice it 'til it was too late.

Look at those smiles! Ethan has a hard time with just smiling normal for pictures. He is so funny.

Martini and Ethan just hangin' out.

Little Carmelita crawling to Mommy to see the camera.

No comments: