
So, Martini started out as one of the pickiest eaters ever. As a matter of fact, when he started eating food, he would gag and vomit at every meal. He just was so sensitive to texture and taste. BUT!!! He has now developed such an adult palate. He loves crab, fish, shrimp, steak and asparagus! He still loves his sweeties and would prefer them any day, but enjoys some nice "adult" food as well.
Yesterday at around 11AM, after asking for the usual popsicle, candy, and cookies, I told him he had to eat a healthy snack. So, he thought about it and suggested, "Beef, cheese, and ranch (dressing)."
"Beef?!" I asked.
"Yes. Beef, cheese, and ranch."
"Martini, I don't have any steak or anything like that right now. You need to choose something else."
"O.K. . . . Hmmm" (he says with a finger on his chin, no kidding.) "I want cheese and grapes."
"O.K." I am thinking, "what a combination! Would you like some wine with that as well?!"
So, I get out the colby jack cheese and a tiny bunch of grapes and I watch him take a bit of cheese then a grape and then after that bite, he stuffs a bit of both in his mouth and shakes his head approvingly while he enjoys his snack. He cracks me up!
No comments:
Post a Comment