Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Gratefulness in Sickness

I am here on the couch sitting with my precious G.

We just finished watching Tangled (Apunzil, as she calls it) and I fed her her 3rd bowl of Special K with strawberries. About her 5th or 6th of the day. It's Tinkerbell (T-Bell, as she says) time.

G is sick. She's had a fever since Sunday night, today is Tuesday. The only thing she wants to eat is cereal and I am thankful she wants to eat at all. She had a bit of swelling in the gums, now all of her gums are red and swollen. She's lethargic and sleepy and all she wants to do is watch movies and/or Veggie Tales. And that's OK. Called Dr. Mishaw and we believe it's a virus of some kind. No need to go in, Thank You, Lord! YOU are so good to us!

Her nickname around here is our tiny couch potato. If we didn't have the rule of no TV on weekdays, we would be in trouble! Thankfully, she loves books and going outside too. But, today, it's all about comfort and rest.

Daddy took M, E, and C strawberry picking a Froberg. They were excited. They love fruit. They will be so excited to show their buckets of treasure when they return.

*Side note: I have gotten more and more allergic to fruit the fast couple of years. I start itching in my throat and ears and my lips and mouth start swelling. It stinks because I love fruit: mangos, tomatoes, avocados, melons, pineapple. -.-

So, "Gratefulness in Sickness." Why?

We have been struggling with sickness since late December 2011, non-stop. It seems we have had about a week of recovery here and there and then BAM! Someone gets sick again and it spreads.

We found out E has had mono for about two months . . . and there is no treatment. He lost a lot of weight, was lethargic, had no appetite, had dark circles under his eyes, and wanted to sleep and nap all the time. So sad. But, within the last week, he has regained his appetite. He is active again and he looks so much healthier.

When Anthony lived with us (he moved out already :-( another post, another time) he had strep. Our pediatrician saw him even though he didn't have insurance. He made it very affordable for us and the antibiotics came to only $5!!!

C and E caught a stomach bug in Feb with vomiting and diarrhea. It only lasted for about three days and G had it for only about a day. The rest of us were spared!

M has had congestion and migraines. But, he is getting better. We treat his migraines right away now. No waiting.

The kids, MyLove and I caught another cold virus recently with sore throats, asthma for C, E and I . . . I was in bed and could not breathe for literally three days, my asthma was so bad.

Just non-stop.

And, all throughout, the Lord has blessed with rest, provision with a non-knee-jerking pediatrician, and a wonderful hubby who loves to help whenever he can. He took off three days to help me with the kids. Thank You, Lord, for my dear hubby and for the job he has so that he can stay home when we need him. MyLove has been such an anchor. I love him so much.

So, "Gratefulness in Sickness." Yes, the Lord is so good to sustain and bless amidst these trying times. I see His provision and I praise HIM for it.

I can sit and enjoy this time with my dear G. Alone time . . . which is so rare.

Thank You, Lord!

*** I just tried rubbing G's arm and she pushed my hand away saying, "No sank you!" and proceeded to pick her nose :-)

No comments: