Through the years I have struggled with "only being a mother" and not pursuing other ventures: church ministries, my business, more education, foreign missions, etc.
I have felt un-inspired and down right lazy with my mind.
But, because of the goodness of God, I have the Constant Encourager who loves me and lifts me up. And the Lord has surrounded me with my ever faithful encouragers: My soulmate-hubby, my uncle, and my mom and dad. They are always telling me what an important role I have in this family of mine and how motherhood IS MY MINISTRY!
Well, I just visited a blog that I just could not stop reading. Her name is Katie Davis and she writes a blog that is enrapturing. I read a short synopsis of her story at Christina Book Distributors and it gripped me. Her sold out love for Jesus inspires me and renews my resolve to live for Jesus!
I sat and thought what a noble thing it is that this young lady, who didn't marry (as I believe she chose) and instead chose a life of complete service to the Lord. She has adopted I think about 14 girls and constantly pours herself out.
My heart longed to please the Lord like her as I read her blog. My heart has been squeezed and I feel so inadequate and wasteful of myself.
And, as I thought these thoughts, the Holy Spirit encouraged me, once again of my role. If I didn't rise up and love, teach, and care for my children, who would? The Lord has blessed me with these most valuable treasures and I am here to raise them. And I have been blessed with so many resources to do so.
The work of a mother is sacred. If she doesn't do it, who will? Those precious lives are left to someone who doesn't love them as much, or worse, to fend for themselves and fall prey to the evil wolves waiting to devour, hurt, expose, exploit, and spit out these poor souls.
My resolve to love my children and love my role is ever more established once again. I am convinced that a mother's role is to MOTHER! Not to pursue the things of this world. That is not to say that a mother can't be called to other things. But, primarily, if your are a mother, your role is to raise your precious little ones.
Oh, how politically incorrect this statement is! But, what about my career? What about all of my education? It will all be wasted!
My friend! How can it be wasted when you are spending your time and energy on the most valuable commodity in the world . . .
Your children!!!
With love,
A mother who is ever-learning and who has ever-so-much-more to learn!
No comments:
Post a Comment