I love change. I really do.
I love moving to new places.
I love new projects.
I love new ventures.
Well, there have been two new changes in our lives that have been quite the transition.
#1: My sweet nephew, Anthony, has moved in with us. He had moved to Guam with his family, but got the opportunity to move back. He was going to move in with us, at the time, after a few weeks. It ended up being within a week!
I picked him up at the airport with the kids on Dec. 9th and it's already been a week. Time just flies.
We have so enjoyed his company and the kids can't get enough of him. E asks to play Stratego with him every day. C and G looove being thrown up in the air and tickled and read to. M has enjoyed talking about the romance Anthony has going on with his girlfriend, Marissa. M is suuuuch a romantic.
This has been a delightful transition.
#2: I moved the girls to their own room about a week or two before Anthony moved in (without correlation. I just knew it was time). Well, one of them wakes up every night, sometimes multiple times a night. Sooooo, I have slept upstairs ever since I moved them up here; on the floor next to their bed, on the bed with them, on the couch in the schoolroom . . . What a transition this has been.
I think a baby monitor might do the trick, but wouldn't you know, I just got rid of the one we've had for 9 years this summer . . . grrrrr.
And, I'm cheap.
So, I don't want to spend money on a new one . . .
Buuuuut, I am desperate to sleep a full night with my husband again, and he keeps telling me he misses me :-(
Darn it! I need to bite the bullet and get a stinkin' monitor!!!
This has been a not-so-delightful transition.
Anyway, here's to change and wonderful family!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment