
Three of our little babes have asthma. Allergies seem to be a part of our lives, and because of this I rejoiced when our vacuum's belt broke. It was my impetus to buy a new vacuum. Sure, belts are cheap, but I am through with putting any money toward a machine that sucks up dirt, hair, dead skin cells, and food and spews tiny little particles of this nastiness back into the air all over every surface it's around.
I talked to MyLove and we were ready to get a good quality vacuum. At the time I was thinking a Dyson. We have a couple of family members who love theirs and I read some good reviews, but when doing research, the one I wanted ran between $300-$350. I decided that since I would be dropping this kind of cash that I would see if there might be a Kirby around that price range. I have always wanted a Kirby but knew it was impossible to buy one because they are rediculously expensive.
Long story short, we found a wonderful couple on craigslist selling their Sentria and we bought it for $400 (07.16.10). That might seem outrageous for a mere vacuum, but when you learn that these vacs go for around $2,000 brand new, you realize that this is a great deal. The vacs are made to last for at least 30 years and usually longer! And plus it's a shampooer and blower as well. Not to mention they are utter workhorses!
First impression: I love the metal!
Second impression: heeeeeavy!
First thing I did: cleaned vac, outer bag, hoses and all attachments. l
First-time using it experience:
A) it drives itself so the weight is no problem, I mean, it literally drives itself! It even has a "neutral" and "drive" setting
B) it sucks up everything! I can hear it sucking up a million things! (of course, it has been two weeks now that I have had a vacuum!)
C) I can't believe what filth is in my carpets!!
D) It actually lifts the carpet with all its suction
E) this vacuum rocks!
I feel like such a homely wife blogging about my vacuum, but if thirty years from now I read this and still have my Kirby Sentria vacuum, it will be $400 very well spent!
No comments:
Post a Comment