I have so many posts ready to be written and posted, yet so little time.
Martini, Ethan and Carmelita are sitting at the table right now with their friend Kolbi drawing treasure maps. It is so fun for them and so simple. They have such great imaginations:
Ethan: "Here's a web."
Carmelita: "Huh? A web?"
EThan: "Yeah, a web."
Carmelita: "I'm gonna draw my house now."
They talked about how to draw the map compass and which directions go where, skeletons to resemble the bad guys' place, a pumpkin . . . Such fun to listen to.
***
After we got home from dropping Martini off at school, Ethan got out of the van and said, "Who wants to play with me?!" Carmelita was sleeping, so I was the only one to respond and my heart just melted for him. I said, "I do!" and he said, "you do? You want to play with me, Mommy? Ok, after you eat, we can play." Which is normal protocol.
I ate my breakfast and spent a little time in the Word and we drew and colored maps for our treasure hunt adventure. Ethan then led Carmelita and I on a grand adventure through the forest, mud, snakes and scorpians, mountains, and alligator infested waters to the treasure. We did this three times and danced to "Shake your Bon Bon." It was fun and they enjoyed it so much. It is such an effort for me to get the imagination going, but the kids just loooooove and appreciate it. Relatively, it is little effort to the amount of enjoyment they get out of playing with Mommy (and Daddy).
***
Carmelita came out of the restroom this morning and walked up to Ethan on the coffee table and gave him a hug. Ethan told her thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment