Sunday, September 2, 2012

First Week of School

What a doosy this week was!

It started off great. We were excited. Monday went smoothly. School was fun and the kids did great. Then . . .

I discovered lice in C's hair. This is the first time, and I was crushed. This was to be her first day at gymnastics. I sat for an hour combing through her hair taking out the lice, super braided her hair and we went anyway . . .

I then discovered two or three lice nits in G's hair.

I am a hound when it comes to finding these things, so I went through their hair every day and night and took them out, washed their hair, blow-dried their hair and put mouse in and french-braided tons. Thankfully, they have not had it bad. Carmelita had the most, but it wasn't much at all. I praise the Lord because I think I caught it early. G had only about 5-7 nits total.

Laundry non-stop on hot and drying on hot. Mounds of laundry to fold.

The whole week, G coughed non-stop at night. I had to give her ibuprofen to reduce the swelling, help with headache and help her sleep.

Then, by Wednesday, C started coughing and had a sore throat. On Thursday she couldn't even swallow. Friday early morning, we all went to the doctor and the girls got tested. C has strep and G might have it as well. Treating both with antibiotics concurrently.

Now, I am feeling it.

I still want to record grades, curriculum and pictures for the new school year.

Hopefully Monday!

No comments: