Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Papa's Pause



FaceTime. It's a beautiful thing!

For school, we have recently begun having a weekly lesson time with my dad called Papa's Pause.

On Wednesday mornings, we FT Papa and the kids listen as he tells them a Bible story and does a little quiz at the end. He tells them a scripture to read/think about/memorize and then we giggle and laugh and the kids just enjoy being on camera!

Papa's lessons have so far been: Gideon and the Mideanites, Esther Parts 1, 2 and 3. And today we started a series on Joseph.

The kids and I just love it. They get to see Papa (and Mema sometimes) and my dad gets to share his wisdom with his grandkids and teach them the most important lessons of all: those from the Word! What joy!

There have already been reschedulings and postponings, but, that's the flexibility and ease and fun of this thing called FaceTime.

Thank You, Lord, for giving us such lavish gifts allowing us to benefit from such luxeries, i.e. our computers, the internet, and FaceTime. We are so blessed! Thank You! Oh, how I love You, Lord!!!

Thank you, Dad, for taking the time out to bless and teach our children such valuable lessons. These will be such precious memories for them. I love you!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is there room left in the roster for one more :)

jrowenjr said...

It is truly a privilege to spend this time with you and my precious grandchildren. I treasure the opportunity each week! Love, Dad