After some consideration, we decided on a laptop because we figured the portability and convenience is the essence of the benefits of homeschooling and virtual schooling. We looked at the Apple store online, refurbished Apples and used Apples. Refurbished looked like our best option.
I called my dad, the Apple genius, and asked him his opinion, and he gave us some great ideas.
Theeeeeeen, on August 25th, my dad called and told me he was at our house. I was at the 1/2 Price Book Store, so I wasn't there to receive him. . . Oh, no! Is something wrong? Dad had just had surgery to remove a tumor from his chin. Was he coming over to tell me there was cancer found? My heart sank. I asked him if everything was OK and he said, "Yes. I was just coming over to talk about something." He was being vague, and a cool, uncomfortable feeling rushed to my belly. I felt like I was going to vomit.
I told him we would come home right after we were done with our errand and he said he would try to come over again in a couple of hours. The whole time, my heart pounded. I took the kids to Barnes & Noble to get M free birthday cookie (as I had promised), looked at the kids books (trying to stay calm and walk off the anxiety).
Then we made our way home. I called Dad to tell him we were on our way. He came to our house soon after we arrived and there was the usual, "Papa!!!" squeals from the kids. He gave them some goodies: Pez candy dispensers and Hello Kitty place settings for the girls. I waited to get down to the nitty gritty of what was really going on. Was his tumor benign, malignant? What?!?
Theeeeeeeen . . .
Dad: "Sweetie, I am just so proud of you for homeschooling the grandkids and working so hard. I know you all are needing another computer, so I wanted to give this to you."
He grabs his laptop case and pulls out his very own MacBook Pro!!!!!!!
Me: "What?!?! What is this?"
I am absolutely floored. I start crying and hugging my dear Dad and am just stunned.
If ever I wanted someone else's laptop, of course it would be my Dad's! He bought it to his very specifications and desires!!!
Stats:
MacBook Pro 15 inch
Mac OS X
Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 8 GB!!!! (What?????)

Thank you, Dad!!! MyLove and I are so blessed by your gift. The kids just love having their "MacBook" for their school work and its portability is exactly what were hoping for. We are humbled by your generosity.
I looooooooooove youuuuuu, Dad!!!!!
Here, C, of her own doing, took out both sets of plates, bowls and cups, brought the chair to the sink and washed them, dried them, then took them to the high cabinets and standing on the counters put them away!!!! She is a force to reckon with!
2 comments:
hahahha A Mac-Book Pro eh? hmm.. You got the Creme auntie....Be sure to ..well..you already have ONE....No need to go over some "BABY-ING" steps hahhaha
I love that little C did all of the washing and putting away of the dishes! That's awesome!! Congratulations on your new computer!
Post a Comment