Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Conversations with My Little Helper


It's Monday late afternoon and C and I are folding a bunch of the kids' clothes . . .

Me: "How was church on Sunday?"

C: "Good."

Me: "Did you see any friends?"

C: "I saw a boy that I liked who didn't talk to me or anything. He was sitting waaaaaaaay, way, way on the other side of the table. I was thinking he's cute because he had glasses. I can say that because we are teammates. We were on the same team. I said, 'he's cute!' Well. Actually. I didn't say it. I thinked it in my mind."

Me: "Oh! Ok." (I say while thinking, I've never heard her talk about someone she 'liked!' This is new!) "What was his name?"

C: "I don't know. He didn't talk to me. He probly didn't see me."

Me: "He probably saw you, Sweetheart."

C: "Yeah. He probly was just shy too! Like me!"

Me: "Yes! Good point! I bet so. Thank you for helping me fold clothes."

C: "Sure! I don't want you to feel left out."

When she said this, my heart just squeezed with some pain thinking how shy she is in public, and I wonder if she feels left out some times. I don't know how she even knows that phrase. Maybe we've used it with the kids when they play? Probably.

Anyway, our interactions are so precious to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just reading this quenched my heart. I will continue to pray for your "lil helper." she is so precious...One day she will be a great woman of the Faith, like her mommy. - večno

The Ford Family said...

Thank you so much for your prayers, precious nephew!!! I love you!