Monday, August 22, 2011

Fun with FaceTime/FaceTime Fanatic/Fantastic FaceTime

Ok, there are few things that I am completely and utterly gung-ho, excited, unashamed and motivated to talk about:

1.) Jesus Christ. He is my Savior. I am completely lost without Him and completely deserving of hell. Hallelujah for true salvation!

2.) My soulmate, who is my husband

3.) My children

Now, beside these three, I have something else in my life that I have grown to really appreciate, enjoy, and benefit from:

Apple products!

About two years ago, MyLove surprised me with an iMac for Christmas. It was so unexpected because I didn't think we had the money, and on top of that, I had been trying to convince MyLove of the superior quality of Mac's over other pc's to no avail. I grew up with my father using Mac's back when they were called Macintoshes. My dad actually bought one of the first ever Macintoshes and saw their superior operating systems from the start.

Ok, then I got an iPhone a few months later because of my renewal and couldn't believe the seamless interaction between the two apple products.

My iMac does not crash on me. I don't get blue screens. I have had incredible updates and no worries of viruses. And, on top of that . . . we are able to do FaceTime!!!!!



We can FaceTime from my iMac to MyLove's iPhone 4, to my dad's Apple stuff (when we FT him, his iMac, iPad2, iPhone, and Macbook all ring!), and to my father-in-law who has an iPad2. And . . . we can FT with my dear sister and nephews and nieces in Guam! When they moved, we were able to sing happy birthday to my youngest nephew and even light a cake for him to see. It was so special and emotional.

It's incredible and the kids loooooove it.

We are thinking about incorporating FT into our homeschooling!!! The possibilities are truly endless. I will update on how we utilize it . . .

No comments: