M: 4th grade
E: 1st and 2nd grade
C: Pre-K (kind of, tag-along learner mostly)
G: Our cheerleader and mascot ^.^
We started off later than hoped for, but that's OK. It was still peaceful and easy-going.
The girls and I made our way upstairs to wake up the boys, and although had excitement in my voice, they were not feelin' it. They told me that they weren't excited and didn't want to start school. I encouraged them to brighten up or else they surely wouldn't enjoy themselves. Plus, today is actually M's 9th birthday!!!! We celebrated this last weekend. I will have to post pics later.
We prayed together and had a hardy breakfast then had an online meeting with nearly 330 other people with K12.
Afterward, we said our books of the Bible, sang "Onward Christian Soldier"* and then read about Cain and Abel.
Theeeeen, it was first day picture time, and well, the results just weren't the greatest, but, I guess that's how it goes with wee ones.
Some coloring and reading, and that was our day! Very simple and not too much. I'm trying to ease into things and show the kids we can work well together. Be a team. Enjoy the process. My greatest need and prayer is for my patience. I want to have it and be an example for my kids. I don't want to expect perfection and I don't want to get down on them when they make mistakes, especially character/attitude wrongs. I want them to know that I am safe and that I love them more than anyone else could ever love them.
Well, here are some pics from today ^.^
No comments:
Post a Comment