That is what we were supposed to do on our 10 year anniversary . . .
As we have planned and dreamed to do since our fifth wedding anniversary . . .
Lo, and behold, our 10th came and we have four little babes, the youngest only 17 months . . .
How could I leave her? She is not even weaned yet !!!!!
How could we leave all the kids?
They can barely stand two nights?!?!
That is when all praise and glory goes to the Lord for giving me my soulmate, because it doesn't matter what we do, we just love being together.
Sooooo, we planned a grand, 10 year anniversary, two-night stay at . . .
The Hotel Derek in the Galleria!!!! Only 30 minutes away :o)
We dropped all four kids off for a date at the shooting range, something we have been enjoying for some time now and where we can quench our enjoyment of competition by seeing who's targets had the best clusters.


We then went to dinner then picked up G and headed to our hotel: Hotel Derek. Beautiful hotel. Clean. We were given a room on the fifth floor. We told the concierge the occasion and we got the 15th floor with an incredible view!!!
Downtown Houston

Houston Medical Center

G absolutely loved it and kept running around and made herself right at home.



This sink was awesome. I really want this sink. It was shallow, square-ish, spacious . . . It was perfect for bathing my little one and didn't take forever cleaning it out before hand. She loved it. It was wonderful also because I didn't have to bend over.


MyLove and I had so much fun looking for good places to eat,
(This is his "Oooooh, this is gooooood," face at Carrabba's :-)

. . . renting a RedBox movie and watching it on his laptop, getting ice cream and staying up late talking, swimming in the freezing cold pool, and just hanging out. What bliss! And, when going from four children to one, it's wonderful! We got to spend some one-on-one time bonding with G and she was such a doll. One might not think it is optimal for an anniversary trip, but I tell you, it was beautiful.

I remember going from no children to having one . . . it was one of the hardest transitions ever. I truly thought we were sooo busy with no time to spare. Then we had more children and realized that having one can be so non-demanding. Now, I realize that we have grown and learned a myriad of things as parents, but it's fun to appreciate those non-demanding times! -.O

Thank You, Lord, for my soulmate. Thank you for blessing us with 10 years of marriage. Please bless us with many more. And may we be a solid team of ambassadors for Jesus Christ!
-Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment