Thursday, February 18, 2010

Things I want to Remember

Martini - He went on his first field trip yesterday to a play. His Grandpa Ford went with him as a class chaperone (and as comfort to Martini!). When he got back, he told me that he was "delighted to go" and had a great time.

Ethan - He is really learning to read now! He was kind of reading three letter words in December when I was still pregnant. Then Daddy stayed home for the month and really worked with him consistantly in the mornings. He has improved so much. He knows his letters and their sounds and is interested in spelling words on his own sometimes. This morning he spelled "kite." He first started with a "c" but with some help, got it right. Tools we have been using: magnet letters on fridge, Leap Frog videos: "The Letter Factory" and " The Reading Factory", making up spelling and rhyming games with him, giving him an ending sound like "-at" and then telling him to spell "bat" and "cat" and so on.

Carmelita - All the sudden, I realize it is quiet in the house. No singing, dancing, playing with the cd player changing out the cd's . . . where is Carmelita?! She is upstairs trying an different clothes of course! She comes down with a totally different outfit and on top of that, one that makes me cold just looking at her. Usually shorts and a tank or shortsleeve shirt when it is freezing outside! She sings without hesitation or shame. A song the kids are loving right now is "I Want To Know What Love Is" by Foreigner. They first heard it on an Alvin and The Chipmunks commercial. They kept singing it around the house (just the part on the commercial) and so we found it on youtube and let them listen to it. They all sing the chorus together. It is precious.

Giselle - She has started smiling more and just started actively cooing when talked to by Daddy or me. I just looooove this time. She has gained a good amount of weight and looks just beautiful and healthy. She is enjoying both the sling and wrap. I have only wrapped her in the front, not the back yet. I am too nervous yet. She has taken a bath with the kids in the big tub and loves the space. I usually bath her in my sing. The kids just love being with her and seeing her move around.

MyLove - He is trying to get on a regular workout schedule. He is using our P90X DVDs and loves them. He can only work out about two days a week, but we really want to make it more regular. He is such a hottie! MyLove has employed my Smoothing King background ;-), I make him a fresh smoothie after his workouts and we sit and sip with him. It's fun.

Me - I need to get this self of mine in shape! Feeling chunky, but so much better than that last month of pregnancy! I praise the Lord for good health. I look forward to getting outside with the kids, when it isn't too cold, but I am still enjoying this cold weather because I know how hot it gets!!! Have some sewing ideas, but can't seem to get to them. Just enjoying these fleeting days of Giselle's infancy. My heart aches at how fast they fly by. Finished the sketch for Lael's gravemarker and we are working with the funeral home to get the final touches done. This is long overdue.

No comments: