LIFE!!! IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
I have been on such a high and just can't stop thanking the Lord for all He has given me. It is late, but I want to record this somehow so I don't forget, like the Israelites who made alters so as not to forget the great things Almighty God has done for them. And, as is common in the Christian life, I know that I will not be on this high forever. So, I will capitalize on this time in my life and give praise to the Giver of perfect gifts.
I can't believe the Lord has given MyLove and me a brand new human being, all our own. He has entrusted this blessed soul to us and it brings me to tears thinking of the grandness of it all.
I have been enjoying our other children and just reveled in the beauty there is with them. Their energy, innocence, wonder, honesty, their need to be loved and the fact they have no shame in asking for it, i.e. to be held, to give or receive kisses, the desire to spend time with MyLove and me, their need for interaction and for space.
I just love each of our children's unique qualities and differences and long to show them how I appreciate them for who they are.
The kids have been so interested in Giselle. If they hear her cry, they run into the room and see what is wrong. Ethan loves playing the XBOX and doesn't get to very often. He will stop playing and say, "I want to see the new baby!" and run to wherever I am with her to check on her and give her a kiss or caress her hair. He is done this over and over. They all love to hold her. Martini was holding her today and said that he could hold her forever. Carmelita refers to her as "my baby." She really is a little mommy. They all love to kiss her and touch her hair and watch her when her eyes are open. They also love to see her breastfeeding and give me things to eat so "the baby can try it/have some too!"
Giselle is so tiny, and I have been learning to embrace it and know there is nothing the matter. She is just tiny, and I will enjoy it. We were so graciously given a load of preemie clothing and I washed them and put a preemie night outfit on tonight. It fit like a charm.
I remember our Lael and our experience has given me maturity and a softer heart. I know the Lord will use it for His glory. I pray that I am a willing and favored vessel for Him.
I love my husband more than ever. He helps out without thought of "job responsiblity." He serves with a selfless and cheerful heart. I want to be a servant like him. I want to be the best help meet ever to him. He sure is the best hubby ever!
MyLove's dedication to the family is unmatched. He once again is taking a whole month off from work to be with me and the kids. I had a fantastic birth, but he still insists on staying home to help and to bond with Giselle and our other children. He stays up late with me and wakes up early. He fights sleep while trying his best to stay interested in a game of LEGOS or chunky superheros. He reads to the kids, plays board games with them, he has been teaching the boys how to ride their new bikes, he recently cooked an entire pasta dish from scratch and from his own thought out recipe, his effort is endless and his sacrifice for us is something to behold. Thank you Lord, for MyLove. I don't deserve him.
We brought Giselle to our nephew, Markie's, bday party and the family was so thankful that we brought her, even though we didn't allow anyone to touch or hold her. Their amusement and appreciation of her was so precious.
My parents got to meet Giselle for the first time yesterday, after being sick, and they just couldn't stop talking about her. Mema comforted Carmelita the whole time who was holding on to her like a monkey. Carmelita really missed her Mema.
My mom (Mema) has brought us so many meals and boxes of Shipley doughnuts. We are so spoiled. Not to mention kind friends who have brought their love with meals.
God continues to shower us with His love in countless ways and I praise Him.
Look at that face! Giselle in deep thought.
Martini holding Giselle.
Martini kissing Giselle.
Carmelita laying next to Giselle.
Giselle looking up at Ethan.
Ethan holding Giselle.
No comments:
Post a Comment