I have had some of the sweetest moments with my precious little ones. They are moments that make this mommy's heart ache with love and joy and fill up so much it feels like my chest will explode. I love my little babes so much and they add enormous amounts to MyLove's and my lives.
Martini:
1.) When I drop Martini off in the morning at school, he goes from fun, excited stories and conversation with Ethan and me to completely closed-off, obedient student who does not want to make any trouble. His head goes down and he makes a b-line straight to the door, not greeting anyone or saying anything. Well, his shyness has affected various situations and this is an issue we have had to address numerous times. So, one morning on the way to school, I told Martini that he needed to initiate a "Good Morning!" to the kind 4th grader or teacher who opens up his car door in the drop-off lane. We joked about all the greetings he could give like "top of the morning to you!" or "howdy, ya'll!" or "nice to see ya" or "water!" (kids can be so creative), but settled on "hi." We pulled up and I told him to that he could do it and to make sure to do it. A cute little 4th grade girl opened up the door and he oh, so confidently said, "Hi!" Ethan, Carmelita and I drove off when great excitement and pride for our growing up Martini.
2.) We celebrated my mom's 56th birthday recently when she came by to have a little celebration with icing covered blueberry muffins and singing. When she was leaving, we remembered that the boys "owed her $10" for toys she bought them that were beyond the limit. My mom just cringed and was trying to rush out the door, but we were excited about the boys keeping their word and learning the value of money and what impact their decisions have. We urged my mom and dad to stay and reluctantly, my mom waited as they got their wallets. They excitedly pulled out all of their money on the floor and we helped them count out $10. My mom wouldn't even take the money. Dad had to do it for her, but it was such a good lesson for the boys. Then Martini said, "I want to give Mema more money." So he looked at his money and pulled out $6 more and gave it to my mom. She took it and started to cry softly at his generosity. We were so proud of him for having such joy and excitement to give. God loves a cheerful giver!
3.) Martini came home from school today and found Carmelita sitting in a baby bouncer that was given to us the other day. She was acting like a baby and he was obliging her. He took her hands and kissed each one. He rubbed her head and asked her if she would like him to read to her. He read her "Splish Splash! It's Time for my Bath" book and then took her out of the bouncer and helped her put together some puzzles. He is such a loving older brother.
Ethan:
1.) Ethan's sweetness with Carmelita has been heartmelting as well. Carmelita will make knowm that she wants one of her babies and Ethan will go a'runnin' to get it for her. One day, he came running downstairs so fast and picked up Carmelita's little baby carrier and took it upstairs. Another time, Carmelita was sitting on an end table putting on some music and needed help getting down. I couldn't do it right away, but who was there? Ethan came to her rescue and carried her to the ground. "Taint choo, Etan" she tells him.
2.) Ethan is such a sweet soul. With all the birthdays we have in September, birthdays are on the kids' minds. Well, Martini and Ethan have been discussing their plans for Ethan's birthday and Ethan lovingly will ask Martini who he would like to invite. He will also ask Martini if his idea for the theme is a good one or if Matinit likes it. Ethan's plans always seem to accomodate Martini's desires.
3.) Ethan loves to help. He is definitely my big helper. He loves to wash dishes and bring in groceries from the van and if I ask him for help with the laundry, he comes running into the laundry room to take out the clothes from the dryer, transfer clothes from the washer and then start a new load. He asks to vacuum and loves to wipe the table or furniture with a wet towel. Thank You, Lord, for Ethan's desire and love for helping.
Carmelita:
1.) Prayer time has become a time for everyone to participate with such colorful words and expressions to The Almighty. At night, Carmelita prays for Uncle Frank's cancer, for Mema to stop smoking and for things like Mommy to quit smoking too! I don't smoke, but I suppose it's a possibility that I would start one day and she is praying that I don't start. At the dinner table she thanks the Lord for EVERY type of food we are eating and responds to the boys with, "Shhhh, I'm praying!" when they start giggling about the minute details she goes into. She has also prayed that I wouldn't eat chicken before. This was so funny to us because she was completely serious and we just cut up laughing. Poor thing, she just wanted to finish praying but it took a few minutes to compose ourselves again and she finished.
2.) Carmelita has really embraced potty-training and has enjoyed wearing her new panties. It's been so nice having the consistancy, but it is not for the lazy, and lazy is how I have felt lately. As a matter of fact, I just did waited and waited to take her to the potty tonight and she peed in her pants. Oh, well. She is doing great and we are all proud of her.
3.) The other day I went to a maternity wear store and they had a little bin of toys for the kids to play with. I looked around and then told the kids it was time to leave. Carmelita and Ethan came to me and then Carmelita says, "Oh, no! I have to clean up the toys!" She ran back and picked them up while singing "Clean Up." The two ladies who worked there just fell apart with such admiration of this daughter of mine. I was so proud of her and praised her for what she did and then I praised the Lord for such a rewarding experience
No comments:
Post a Comment