Thursday, April 30, 2009

Carmelita is 2!

It has already been almost a month since Carmelita turned two, and I haven't even written about it yet. My heart is saddened. This will not be perfect or nearly close to how I want to honor her, but I need to get something down fast!

Dearest Carmelita, you are so precious to Daddy and me. Here are different thoughts and descriptions and "lately's" I don't want to forget:

~ You are so loving when you are comfortable. Tonight, while Daddy was sleeping and we came downstairs with Ethan, you went up to Daddy and kissed his arm over and over.
~ You shout "Daddy, Daddy!" when he gets home from work and are now one of the first to greet him with a hug and kiss.
~ You are so beautiful, you make Daddy's and my heart melt. People are always commenting on your blue eyes.
~ You are very petite. Someone asked the other day if you were one year old. Mommy used to get uncomfortable when people would say that you are small because I thought it meant you were too thin, or maybe they thought I didn't take good care of you. But I'm getting over it now! You are as healthy as can be, just small. The other day Daddy put on one of your favorite shirts, and it is for 6-12 months!
~ You love rice and chicken (marinated and grilled on Daddy's grill), tomatoes, soy sauce and vinegar, chicken adobo, popsicles, bananas, ice cream, oatmeal, toast, strawberries, grapes, and ONIONS!!! You amaze us at how much you love sauteed or grilled onions! And butter.
~ You love digging in Mommy's purse. I packed an old one of mine for you to rummage through, but it didn't work for long. The next day you gave up on it. I even packed a Hello Kitty one that Mema gave you, but you don't look at it anymore.
~ You are so cute acting like you are talking on the phone.
~ You love to chew gum. And you don't swallow it. You were the earliest gum chewer I've ever met!
~ You like to brush your teeth . . . with everyone else's toothbrush but your own.
~ You enjoy going peepee in the potty, but have only gone poo once.
~ You like to walk around in my heels and wedges and flipflops.
~ You love to run, especially down long hallways (like at church or at the store or doctor's office)
~ You dance with your shoulders a lot.
~ You love your brothers' Big Wheels.
~ You love to swing at the park.
~ You still remember some Mandarin. We truly hope that we can get you and your brothers in another program.
~ You love to change your clothes all the time and you definitely have an opinion on what you want to wear. Sometimes a dress, or a skirt, or maybe shorts and a tank. Quite particular.
~ You are so precious taking my fabric when I am sewing and wrapping it around your tiny frame and looking in the mirror to see how it looks. Then you'll ask me to put it on somehow.
~ You love to poke my pins into fabric or clothing. I nolonger keep them away from you but let you use them in your room by me. I ask you to put them into the pin cushion when they are loose.
~ Mema calls you my shadow because you follow me wherever I go. I just love that.
~ You can be so demanding at times and quite a drama queen. Sometimes Mommy is at a loss and has no idea what to do. Daddy too!
~ You love your big brothers, despite the arguing and fighting. When they leave, you get sad and ask about them. You love when Martini gets home from school and during the days, Ethan can be like your little caregiver looking out for you and helping you.
~ You like to read books and have them read to you. Barney, any books with babies, and animals.
~ You still enjoy throwing balls.
~ You pray prayers at the table and before bed that usually are for Daddy and his work and then you close with AMEN!. It is hard to understand what else you say, but it is so precious.
~ You are talking better every day. You told me "You're welcome" the other day.

Sweetie, we love you so much and look forward to watching you grow, grow, grow. May the Lord, whom we serve, guide us in raising you up in the way you should go. And we pray that one day you will be a courageous woman of God who loves Jesus more than anything else in the world!

No comments: