I got Martini ready this morning and took him to school for the first time in months. He has had MyLove, my sister and my mom all chipping in to take him and pick him up for some time now. But, I missed our time together in the morning. I made him eggs (which he did not want) and his favorite, cinnamon rolls. He was so happy to hear that. Ethan came with me to drop him off and we joked and laughed the whole way there.
One might ask, "What do you joke about with a 6 and 4 year-old?" "Why, poop and pee of course!" You just mention those words and the boys cut up. It is so funny. It doesn't matter what the existing conversation is about, just throw those in and you've got an automatic joke.
Afterward, Ethan and I headed to Target to get some things and then to Michael's for some frames and other things I needed for Lael's shadow box. In it currently are a little gown, her I.D. bracelet, a picture of her feet, her burial program, and an angel pin that was given to us. I will post a picture of it when I am finished. We went to the post office and then headed home to MyLove and Carmelita. We got some things done around the house with my new purchases and had a photo shoot. The picture at the top of the page is one of the billions I took. The house right now is an absolute disaster zone, but despite that, today was a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment