Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Hurricane Ike has come and gone and we are on the road to normalcy. We praise the Lord for keeping us safe and for all of His provisions. We had leaking in the roof and through windows, some carpet got wet that we pulled back, we lost some shingles on the roof and our fence was almost entirely blown down. Other than that, we faired well. As for the residents at the front of our neighborhood, they look like they were in a war zone. Two residents that we heard of had their upstairs cave in, the sheetrock and everything. Parts of roofes were gone and fences totally taken out. We did really well. We have our power, as of three days ago.

I wish I had taken pictures. I will try to very soon here and post them. Thank you to Dad and Linda for hosting and providing and taking care of us for almost an entire week. You are so precious to us. Thank you to my sister, her family, and my mom for riding it out at our home and sopping up water and taking care of our home as best you could. You're awesome.

I love our family so much.

Thank you to all of you who called me to check up on us and make sure that we are O.K. and thank you to all of you who prayed for us or even thought about us. You are all so dear to us.

No comments: