Saturday, July 19, 2008

How Precious You Are, Martini!

Martini has been so helpful and respectful and precious lately. I just want to jot down some things that he has been doing so I don't forget:

1. Buckling himself in his carseat
2. Unbuckling himself and Ethan when we arrive somewhere
3. Entertaining Carmelita in the car, making her laugh and singing to her
4. Playing with Carmelita in her highchair while I am cooking and sometimes feeding her Cheerios or whatever else is on her tray
5. Picking up his toys
6. Responding with "Yes, Mommy." when I tell him to do something (this is not 100% of the time, but he's getting better. This is something we've been working on for a loooooong time!)
7. Taking off his shoes and putting them on the shoe shelf as soon as we walk into the house
8. Helping me unload the groceries
9. Reminding me to pray or suggesting to pray often (four times today)
10. Eating his "good food" before eating sweets/snacks without arguing
11. Telling me he loves me (twice this evening after I gave him a snack and then later we made snow cones)
12. Telling Carmelita and me how beautiful we are (thank you, MyLove for being the example for Martini!)
13. Opening my Bible saying, "oooh, a Bible!" then asking me to read it to him
14. Exercising with Daddy
15. Picking out his "day clothes" after breakfast and changing himself
16. Sometimes picking out "day clothes" for Ethan as well!
17. About three mornings this week, he got out two bowls, two spoons, poured cereal and poured milk for himself and Ethan while I got to sleep an extra hour or so!
18. Preferred the shower over a bath
19. Gotten braver at swimming
20. Pushed Carmelita around in the umbrella stroller to keep her from running in the street while trimmed bushes (He made it look so fun that Ethan pushed Carmelita some as well, then went inside!)

Martini, what a jewel you are! You are growing so fast and the years are flying by. I don't want to forget these special moments you have blessed me with. Your interests are changing and you are growing more mature every day. What a realization that is to your mommy! I love you so much, my son.

No comments: