It was pouring down rain in Houston today and the streets were flooding. I was driving to pick up my sewing machine and yelling with panic at my poor Honey who was trying to tell me alternate routes on the phone. Intersections around me were flooded and I was forced to drive through a couple of them. Praise the Lord, we reached our destination safely and were heading to the Y when Martini asks, "Mommy, is it still flooding? I'm scared."
"No, Sweetheart. There's nothing to worry about." I tell him, fully aware that he heard me panic earlier on the phone with MyLove.
“If it keeps flooding, then we’re going to die, then we will go to Heaven.”
“That’s right, Martini, but it’s not flooding anymore; it’s not even raining."
"How are we going to die then?”
“I don’t know, Love. That’s up to God.”
Ethan then pipes in, “Martini, this is how you die. You smoke, then you die, then you go to heaven and you get a new body!"
. . . Aaaah, theology in the eyes of a three year old! We have been praying for my mom and that she would be able to quit smoking. Well, it is sporadic, so to hear Ethan bring this up is quite amazing, because we realize how much our little ones really do listen!
1 comment:
Me and Luke can't stop laughing!! That is so funny and sweet!
Post a Comment