With Ethan, I was desperate and my back was killing me. MyLove did some research and learned about the sling. It took me a whole week of crying and determination to get comfortable with it and it became Ethan's home. He would just slide into the sling and conk out. It would literally take him seconds to fall asleep. I used a NoJo sling that we purchased at Babies R Us.
When I was pregnant with Carmelita, I did a ton of research on different slings because I wanted a new girly one and happened upon the blessed WRAP!!!! My mom purchased my first wrap, a MobyWrap, and I absolutely loved it. It was so stretchy and warm and it snuggled my little newborn so close to me. My sister, Jennifer, bought me a Kanga wrap when she went on her mission trip to Kenya, and I used that one as well. Currently, I am using a Sequoia Waves Didymos wrap that MyLove bought me for my birthday last year. It is fantastic. I put her in it all the time, especially when we are out and about.
Wraps are great for the zoo, grocery shopping, the park, while I am cooking, vacuuming or doing laundry. The uses are endless and it keeps my little one close and satisfied.
Carmelita is just chillin' in the NoJo sling here. She has her hands so neatly folded.
Here we are at the Houston Zoo. I am carrying Carmelita in the MobyWrap in a front-cross carry. I don't recommend this carry anymore because I have read that it can cause hip-displacia.
I couldn't wait to carry Carmelita on my back. It completely frees up my arms and I am able to carry on as usual. I waited until she could support her head to carry her on my back. This is my Sequoia Waves Didymos that I love . . . and so does Carmelita!

Daddy carrying Carmelita in the MobyWrap.
Carmelita has even been worn by her big brother, Martini!


A couple of times, I have worn Ethan, at three years old! And two of the three times, he conked out! I definitely needed my Didymos for him because he is so heavy. The Didymos is a knit fabric, so it doesn't stretch like the MobyWrap.

Here is MyLove with Ethan in the sling when he was a newborn.
The problem with babywearing is that it is addicting! I would love to also own a beautiful Storchenwiege wrap and I am interested in the mei tai's. I praise the Lord that I have been able to wear and carry my babies in such a special way. It has been such a blessing. What great gifts are my precious little babes! Gifts from the Lord.
1 comment:
I am right there with you--it is soooo addicting. A good addiction though:) I really like your didymos because the I have a hard time getting the Moby tight enough. I must be doing something wrong, though, because you are lots tinier than I and it looks tight in your picture. Ah well, I'll keep practicing! Seriously, I do see babywearing as a gift from the Lord. Especially when the babes were so tiny when they came home from the NICU--it enabled us to carry them close to our hearts and I feel like it really helped our bonding process. Anyway, love to your little family! Jenny
Post a Comment