Saturday, January 15, 2011

Conversations with Carmelita


Today:
Carmelita and I are playing this little mini game of bowling. The pins are the size of a, I don't know, about an inch to inch and a half tall. The "bowling ball" is a sweet, green marble. We play a couple of rounds and then Ethan comes to join in . . .

E: I want to play. Carmelita, can I play too?
C: Yes! O.K. Ethan, these are the bullets . . . (pointing to the pins). You have to roll the ball and knock down all the bullets.

Obviously I need to explain that they are bowling pins but MyLove and I were having too much fun listening.

Last Week:
C: Mommy, what are you making?
Me: Some toast.
C: Wow, that is big toast!
Me: Yes, you are right.
C: Mommy, wouldn't it be funny if the toast was so big it was as big as a rocket launcher!?
Me: Oh, my. That would be huge! (I respond tickled at the odd placement of such a comment!)
C: (laughing now), Yeah, it would be like the size of a house!

A Few Weeks Ago:
Me: Carmelita, who are you talking to?
C: Hello Kitty
Me: Oh, what are you doing?
C: Fighting bad guys
Me: Oh, OK.

My poor little daughter. MyLove said tonight that if anyone heard her comments they would immediately know that she must have older brothers! She is truly such a girly girl, but sometimes she says these things because that is what she is surrounded by. Soon enough, Giselle and she will be reveling in their girl time and having a ball!

No comments: