OK, that was a gross exaggeration.
Anyway, I have been very sad.
We went to the park last Thursday and played some soccer and let the kids swing. When we were leaving, it was dark and we were rushing to the van, 1.) because I wanted to beat MyLove who was pushing the big three in the stroller while I was holding Giselle and 2.) the mosquitos were out in full force (those pesky things!).
I won, of course . . . well, actually, Martini won because he and Ethan fell out of the stroller trying to race me, but I had to stop because my motherly achings came to the surface as I watched Ethan writhing in pain on the gravelly lot holding his knee. Martini took this prime opportunity to tag the van first and exclaim his victory and run back to check on Ethan.
Moving on, I fed Giselle in the van and then we left. In the midst of all the commotion, MyLove and I believe the wrap must have fallen somewhere between the park and the van, or at the van as we clamored to get inside so the mutant mosquitos wouldn't kill us.
All this to say that my beloved Sequoia Waves Didymos is gone. I went back with the kids the next day and found nothing. We all went back the other night and looked again just in case, and there was nothing. I even posted a "lost" ad on craigslist with the hope that someone out there might find it and not think it is some random, old, good for nothing piece of long narrow cloth and chuck it.
Thank You, Lord, for that wonderful gift while I had it. It sure was one of my best ever baby/toddler essentials . . . I look forward to hopefully getting another!




No comments:
Post a Comment