Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blessed to Serve

We have the blessed opportunity to host my parents and brother this month while they wait to close on their home. It's an exciting and busy time. They arrived on July 29th or 30th and they will be here 'til the end of this month. I know it will be sad when they leave. We have had such fun and my mom has been an endless source of help.

My laundry is fully caught up.

There are no dishes in the sink.

The floors are clean.

I can tend to one of my little ones and not feel bad about the others because my mom is there to comfort them.

Mom has come with me to grocery shop, doctor appts. soccer practices and karate.

She has cleaned up after so many meals as we are rushing out the door for one thing or another.

My brother helped me on a trip to Hong Kong Market, and we looked for apartments for him.

Dad watched the boys while Mom and I went to an appt. with the girls and had a bit of girlie time. The boys had great fun with Papa running an errand and stopping by Whataburger.

Papa came to the Karate belt test yesterday.

We sing karaoke together.

Bonding of all kinds is happening. Papa with grandkids. Mema with grandkids. Uncle with nephews and nieces. Brother with my dear hubby. Me with Mom and Dad and Bro. MyLove with Mom and Dad.

Mom and I wake up and have coffee together. Oh, how I love these times. They are food to the soul.

Mom and I stay up late and talk and watch Entertainment Tonight together. I just love my mom.

I just love my parents and brother so much. What a blessing it is to host them. They feel like we are blessing them, but really, they have blessed us so much more with their stay. Thank you, Lord for such a special time!



No comments: