
Martini's school had a Fall Festival last Friday. The boys had been excited about going but on Friday around 3PM, Ethan said he didn't want to really go because he preferred staying home and watching our new movie: Sleeping Beauty, we just got on Blu-Ray. Here's our conversation:
"Mommy, can we watch the movie after we pick up Martini from school?"
"I don't know, Sweetie, because we have to get ready for the festival."
"I don't want to go to the festival."
"You mean you would rather stay home and not go to the festival just because you want to watch the movie?" I asked fully loaded and intending for him to remember that he and Martini have been talking about this festival for a couple of weeks now.
"Yes, I just want to watch the movie."
"The festival is going to be fun. There's going to be games . . . there will be people there . . . " I was trying to think of all the positives, but was kind of drawing a blank.
"There's nothing special about people!"
"Ethan, that's not nice." I say, knowing full well that I don't relish crowds or walking from booth to booth to stand in line for an activity with especially shy children who most likely will not want to participate in 99% of them. "There are going to be fun activities there!" Truthfully, I much prefer curling up with the fam at home to watch the new movie with some coffee or icecream in our comfy house with the nice cool weather outside.
***
Well, our time at the festival went quite well. Martini was Iron Man, Ethan was the Star Wars Emperor, and Carmelita was Minnie Mouse. The kids participated in the bean bag toss, toilet paper toss, dart throwing to pop balloons, and they got their first set of Y-Ties.
The kids enjoyed eating their first cone of fresh cotton candy, and they loved it. They also got snowcones despite the very cold weather that night. We got to see Martini's classmates and teachers and principal and even Auntie Ruslyn and their cousins Michelle, Jobe, Mark and James.
MyLove joined us and the kids were thrilled. I was even able to buy some mini-Tupperwares for sauces and dips for my new found hobby: bento boxes for Martini's lunches. I will try to post something on this later.
I was posted to serve at a booth that evening, but a blessing from the Lord was given to me. There were two teenage girls there trying to get some community service hours and took my shift. They were so sweet. Thank you, Lord!
Carmelita, Juliette, Genevieve and Martini

Cassidy and Martini
No comments:
Post a Comment